Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:55:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Greg Hormann <ghormann@ns.kconline.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removing a hard drive.

Currently, my FBSD drive is the second hard drive on an IDE bus.  I
would like to remove the first drive which would make the FBSD one the
first (and only) drive on the ide bus.  I realize that i will need to
change all the "wd1..."'s to "wd0..." in /etc/fstab, and I thought I would
have to change the "config kernel root on" line in the kernel, however it
already read wd0.

When I tried just changing the /etc/fstab file, the machine found the
kernel, but paniced because it couldn't mount root.  BTW, I did change the
drive jumpers too.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Greg.

Greg Hormann                                          |      |    |
ghormann@indiana.edu                                  |      |    |
http://php.indiana.edu/~ghormann/home.html            |.     \____/.