Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:59:00 +0200
From:      "Roderick van Domburg" <r.s.a.vandomburg@student.utwente.nl>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DEVICE_POLLING together with link0 interrupt offloading?

Hello everyone,

Just curious: I just noticed that DEVICE_POLLING works perfectly well with
the interrupt offloading feature of the fxp driver (link0). In my
understanding, both try to improve ``network scheduling'' for lack of better
words - especially under load. Also I now understand that DEVICE_POLLING is
preferred over interrupt offloading, especially on routers.

But just for the sake of curiosity: what does enabling _both_ bring about to
the network performancy and latency? I'm thinking that latency would be
greatly increased because the poller would often miss the bundled packets.

What's your take on this?

Regards,

Roderick