Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:37:35 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        "W. Wayne Liauh" <LiauhW001@hawaii.rr.com>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Kylix

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, W. Wayne Liauh wrote:

> Hi, I am toying around the idea of whether I should try fbsd.  Among the
> many questions, I am wondering whether you can run Borland's Kylix under
> fbsd?
As far as I know: No.
But Kylix is a commercial and proprietary product.
There are two free pascal versions on FreeBSD:
- fpc (Free Pascal) and
- gpc (GNU-Pascal)

Anyway, if you are interested in programming you should give
FreeBSD a try. There are about 50 or 60 free compilers for
different languages available and if you care for programming the
Operating System itself you are welcome.

Further informations about languages in FreeBSD you will find in
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/lang.html
For JAVA there is an seperate page:
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/java.html

And an overview about all available applications you will find in
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html

Regards,

Uli.