Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:33:11 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Mike Jeays <jeays@statcan.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EtherExpress Pro/10 card

>I have an inexpensive network card, which Win95 successfully detects as an
>EtherExpress Pro/10.  It works in a 486 as a client to a Pentium
>running Samba under FreeBSD.
>
>I can't get the card to be detected at all, either with FreeBSD or with
>Linux.  It is on IRQ 10 with i/o range 0x300 - 30f.
>
>Is this a common problem with such cards, and is there anything I can do
>to use it with FreeBSD?

   Do you have the ISA card or PCI? The ISA card should work with the 'ex'
driver; the PCI card should work with the 'fxp' driver. For the ISA card,
you might want to check the kernel settings. For the PCI card, it should
just work.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.