Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 16:43:25 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Looking for advice on lpr/lpd changes

At 12:14 PM -0400 5/10/00, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
>On Wed, May 10, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> >
> > 1990's) with the extra features we've added.  Once I have
> > things sorted out, I'll have a number of updates to offer.
>
>Cool!
>
> > [...]
>
>If you are hoping to have a serious discussion, a carefully
>written message to the -arch list may work.  The -arch list
>is meant to be a low(er)-volume, higher information-density
>list for discussing architectural changes.

Hmm.  I always assumed that was for "big freebsd architectural
changes", as opposed to changes to a "little program" like lpr.
I'll follow it for awhile and get a better feeling for it.  I
would like to find whichever people are particularly interested
in lpr/lpd changes, without distracting those people who really
don't care much about printing at all.

>Finished patches are best sent via send-pr(1) where they
>will eventually be addressed (although the response-time
>for send-pr(1) is regrettably long...)

I have already noticed that send-pr patches are sometimes
committed almost instantly, and other times it's like pulling
teeth to get some attention for them...

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute