Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:38:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Synchronizing two (or more) machines over the network

Does anyone have a good method for keeping two machines absolutely
identical-but-for-a-few-symlinks that works reliably and securely over
the network?  I have looked at rdist6, but it doesn't understand file
flags.  (NFS is out of the running, since it is neither reliable nor
secure.)  Are there any other options that people have found to their
liking?

-GAWollman