Date:      12 Mar 2003 16:12:14 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>, ports@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: XFree86 4.3.0 update

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 10:11, Max Khon wrote:
> hi, there!
>
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 03:50:19PM +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>
> > > I've committed the update of XFree86 to 4.3.0 to ports.  I think I've
> > > cleaned up after my mess at this point, but there may still be issues.
> > > Please report to me if you have any problems with the new ports or any
> > > issues with XFree86 that you didn't have in 4.2.0.
> >
> > Is it me, or has this upgrade meant that xdm(1) no longer supplies the
> > $PATH and other default environment settings out of /etc/login.conf?
>
> I noticed that ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/filespatch-xdm_session.c
> was removed. Was it done on purpose or it was removed accidentally?
>
> patch-xdm_session.c was made for xdm to get environment variables
> from /etc/login.conf.

Yeah, that was a mistake on my part. In creating the update, I first
removed and then re-added all the patches that were still applicable.  I
missed that one.  I'm preparing a set of updates to run by portmgr, this
should be fixed soon.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org