Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 11:46:18 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        lehey.pad@sni.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        kmitch@phantasma.bevc.blacksburg.va.us, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing SRC tree on more than one computer?

Greg Lehey stands accused of saying:
>> Is this possible??  OriIs there a better way of achieving this??  Right now
>> I am primarily concerned with -stable, but I would also like know if this
>> procedure would need to be different on -current.
>
> I haven't explored all the ramifications (and people tell me there are
> some which might bite me), but in my nightly cron jobs I just do a
> 'make depend all install'.  In your case, you might get by with a
> 'make depend all', leaving the 'make install' for later.

There is a small patch that was posted a while back that implemented
a 'reinstall' target that can be applied to a fully-built tree to
achieve this.  If you want it, let me know.  It doesn't apply to
the -stable Makefile cleanly anymore (some parts have changed) but it
is easy to see what needs to be changed to make this work.

I use this on a regular basis to distribute -stable to a number of machines.