Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 1995 02:47:29 MDT
From:      steve@khoros.unm.edu (Steven Jorgensen)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   DAT tape compat?

	I was wondering about tape compatibilities between DAT tapes
	for different versions of Unix.  I am currently running a
	SCSI Wangtek DAT tape drive under Freebsd 2.0, and tapes
	I create can be read by all other DAT drives I've tried it
	on.  However, when I try to make a tape to bring home, the
	only thing that seems to be able to create tapes that I
	can read is a 486 running BSDOS.  Tapes created on our Sun
	DAT or the DEC Alpha DAT can be read.  All I get is a Tape
	error..  Do these DAT's create some specialized propriety
	format that we just don't support, or am I not configuring
	something correctly on my system?  Any help appreciated.

						Steve

Steven Jorgensen        | Khoral Research Inc.
steve@khoros.unm.edu    | 6001 Indian School, Suite 200
(505) 837-6500          | Albuquerque, NM 87110
This Space for Rent.	| URL: http://www.khoros.unm.edu/