Date:      Thu, 20 Oct 2011 06:49:57 +0300
From:      Ross <basarevych@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bad sector in UFS2 journal area

I don't actually have this problem, I'm just curious. What will happen
if read fails on sector in UFS2 journal area? Sector won't get
remapped until write, so reads will be failing until then.

I've had experience with bad sectors with non-journaled filesystems =E2=80=
=94
the system was online and working. The only problem was that
particular file and messages in /var/log/messages until the Current
Pending Sector counter was cleared and sector was remapped.

Will it be the same (online system) with bad sector in journal area?
And will it damage the filesystem?