Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 01:35:04 +0600
From:      "Aleksey Zvyagin" <zal@zal.pp.ru>
To:        <freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.3 & qmail 1.03 - is it bug?

Hello, all!

Sorry for my bad english.

I have the problem. My OS is FreeBSD 3.3. I am using a qmail-1.03 binary
package.

The problem following:
sometimes qmail bugs i am thinking. After hour "X" qmail begin to send
letters with cut "From" field.

For example. If i send a letter from A to B relay then i run fake SMTP
server at B relay (nc -l -v -p 25). From A letter has "from" field
zal@ping.ru. The session between A and B seem as:

B> 220
A> HELO ping.ru
B> 250
A> MAIL FROM:<.ru>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The "from" field is bad! But the letter from "A" had the from field as
<zal@ping.ru> A letters were sent by MUAs: unix mail program, Netscape
Communicator, Internet Explorer and result is the same.

A restarting of qmail-send doesn't help. The problem leaves away when i
reboot the FreeBSD ! And  then the problem comes back after "X" hours of a
work...

I had tried to reinstall a qmail but problem was keeping...

I forgot that a result of "TEST.deliver" with qmail-inject is the same - a
"from" address is cut.

Help me anybody to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

---
Best regards,
Aleksey Zvyagin, zal@zal.pp.ru (Russia)