Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 15:23:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kathy Clark <kathy@felix.acet.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing 3Com Ether III 3C589D

I have a Datalux Databrick which I'm trying to install a 3C589D
card into.  I've used the installation disk that came with the
card.  When I try to run diagnostics it comes back saying
there is no card recognized.

When I boot with the FreeBSD disk it see's the card but the
irq and iomem are wrong.  I'd like to change this
to irq 5, iomem 0xd8000.  I've tried it using boot -c but
have not been successful.

Does anyone know how to get a 3C589D card running?
It's supposed to be supported under the zp0 driver.  I saw
from an earlier note someone recommend the PAO boot
floppy.  I found a web page about PAO, but couldn't find
where you could make an installation disk.

Help, please!