Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:00:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, ml@my.gd
Subject:   Re: su problem

Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd> wrote:
 > Ok so, I've read all the replies so far and I'm a bit perplexed.
 >
 > Sami, before you drive 3 hours to and 3 hours fro, kindly log in as sody
 > over SSH, then try "login" to connect *locally* as the root user.

That won't work.  Unless you've disabled the "securetty" check
in /etc/pam.d/login, but it is there for a reason.

Best regards
   Oliver

"It combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion different
sublanguages in one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C
with the readability of PostScript."
        -- Jamie Zawinski, when asked: "What's wrong with perl?"