Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 2014 18:01:13 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CUPS printing rastertospl error - troubleshooting

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 18:14:40 +0300, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> Downloaded Samsung drivers, copied uld/i386/rastertospl to
> /usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/ and reproduced your problem.
> Then I copied uld/i386/libscmssc.so library to
> /compat/linux/usr/lib/ and resolved it. ;-)

I did something comparable some time ago to get
a HP Deskjet F380 inkpee printer + scanner and
a Canon Lasershot LBP-1120 working - both crappy
USB devices. Copying and symlinking files in and
out of /compat/linux/ and launching "daemons" (via
/etc/rc.local) for pipeline-processing data through
CUPS were among the dirty tricks required. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany