Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:55:36 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: scigraphica-0.7.0

"R. Lahaye" wrote:

> Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> >
> > "R. Lahaye" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Are you still maintaining the scigraphica ports for FreeBSD?
> > >
> > > After consulting the scigraphica developers mailing list, it seems that
> > > rejecting python version 2.1 in the /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.python.mk script is
> > > not necessary.
> >
> > I've this fixed problem with scigraphica in rev 1.17 of ports/math/scigraphica/Makefile. Please let me know if there
> > any other problems with it.
>
> I found two different sites with updates:
> 1) http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/math/scigraphica/Makefile
>
>    [...]
>    .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
>
>    .if ${PYTHON_VERSION} == "python2.0" || ${PYTHON_VERSION} == "python2.1"
>    PYNUMERIC=      ${LOCALBASE}/include/${PYTHON_VERSION}/Numeric/arrayobject.h:${PORTSDIR}/math/py-numeric
>    .else
>    PYNUMERIC=      ${LOCALBASE}/include/${PYTHON_VERSION}/Numeric/arrayobject.h:${PORTSDIR}/math/py-numeric17
>    .endif
>
> 2) ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/math/scigraphica/Makefile
>
>    [...]
>    include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
>
>    .if ${PYTHON_VERSION} == "python2.1"
>    PYNUMERIC=      ${LOCALBASE}/include/${PYTHON_VERSION}/Numeric/arrayobject.h:${PORTSDIR}/math/py-numeric
>    .else
>    PYNUMERIC=      ${LOCALBASE}/include/${PYTHON_VERSION}/Numeric/arrayobject.h:${PORTSDIR}/math/py-numeric17
>    .endif
>

> >From where exactly should I grab your latest update?
> (Sorry I'm fairly new to all this FreeBSD stuff!).
>
> Thanks for the quick response!

Actually you can use cvsup to update your ports tree to the latest version. This is pretty straightforward:
1. Install cvsup (cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup-bin ; make install clean).
2. Create the following file (ports-supfile):
*default host=cvsup10.freebsd.org
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all
3. Connect to the Internet if necessary and run:
# cvsup -L2 ports-cupfile

After it completed you will have you ports tree updated to the latest version, which includes this fix for scigraphica as
well as many other fixes and updates.

Enjoy!

-Maxim