Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:03:51 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
To:        Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>
Cc:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: silly C style question

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 08:23:35PM +1000, a little birdie told me
that Stephen McKay remarked

> Use neither of these!  Use:
>
> if (i == 0)
>     {
>     foo(i);
>     bar(i);
>     }

OK, now you've gone too far.  I'm just going to have to kill you.  Sorry
'bout that.

I always prefer putting the brace on its own line, for ME, it makes it
far easier to read the code when the braces line up with each other.
I've dealt with many people who insist that the brace belongs at the end
of the initiating statement, and I don't much like it, but it's a minor
change with which I can deal.

But indenting the braces?!  That's a stoning offense.  I can't read it to
save my life.  And lemme tell ya, when you get 70 or 80,000 lines of code
with that style, and re-indent it all, it makes one hell of a cvs diff.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com