Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2021 19:46:54 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Kostya Berger <bergerkos@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 13-alpha2 libncurses removal breaks ports build

Builds OK from inside clean install. Which is all I needed this far. Thank =
you.

With kindest regards,
Kostya Berger
=20
=20

    On Sunday, 24 January 2021, 17:53:41 GMT+3, Kostya Berger <bergerkos@ya=
hoo.co.uk> wrote: =20
=20
 OK, building ports against a clean installation of 13.0-ALPHA2 has no prob=
lem with ncurses.=20
But devel/glib20 fails for no obvious reason closer to the end of building =
process... I just wonder: do I need to report this to port maintainers or w=
ait till it settles up=C2=A0 somehow? A good deal of ports depend=C2=A0 on =
it.

With kindest regards,
Kostya Berger
=20
=20

    On Sunday, 24 January 2021, 01:40:57 GMT+3, Kostya Berger <bergerkos@ya=
hoo.co.uk> wrote: =20
=20
 Hi everyone,I don't seem to find any mentioning in the /usr/ports/UPDATING=
 about how one should handle the removal of libncurses.so.9 from base.=20
Source UPDATING only says:ncurses installation has been modified to only ke=
ep the widechar
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 enabled version.=C2=A0 Increment=
al build is broken for that change, so it
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 requires a clean build.
If that means to just build all ports anew, then it doesn't work as ports d=
on't seem to incorporate any change related to this one. It would seem defa=
ult configuration should take into account this, but it doesn't.

The ports just use --with-libncurses-prefix=3D/usr, and there is no ncurses=
 libs found there. This make it skip MOST of the ports I'm using.

Working Copy Root Path: /usr/ports
Relative URL: ^/head
Repository Root: https://svn.freebsd.org/ports
Repository UUID: 35697150-7ecd-e111-bb59-0022644237b5
Revision: 562417
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: 0mp
Last Changed Rev: 562417
Last Changed Date: 2021-01-23 23:01:38 +0300 (Sat, 23 Jan 2021)

With kindest regards,
Kostya Berger
=20
   =20