Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 10:19:12 -0500
From:      "Jamie Bumsted" <jbumsted@evertek.net>
To:        "Pete Fritchman" <petef@databits.net>, <Bsdguru@aol.com>
Cc:        <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Freeside

Here here!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Pete Fritchman
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 10:18 AM
To: Bsdguru@aol.com
Cc: isp@FreeBSD.ORG

[ picking a random post to reply to ]

Can we all stop this bantering?  There are two things about this thread:

(1) bsdguru@aol.com may or may not be a "BSD Guru".  I don't know, nor
do I care and I don't see why *anybody* should really care.  Was there
really a need to point out the humor in this address on the mailing
list?  The person who did this must have known it was going to start
something.  Why do you want to see his resume?  Are you interested in
working for him?  (By the way, I doubt he would want to work for you
given your attitude.)

(2) Not all BSD users are addicted to BSD like crack.  So he uses AOL,
so he uses Windows.  Is there really a need to keep pointing it out over
and over again?  Now, not wanting to start a flamewar, BSD isn't the
best solution for everybody on their desktop.  Maybe it *can* do the
same things Windows does, with tweaking.  See archives of pretty much
any BSD-related mailing list for the same discussion over and over.  Do
we have to have it again?

Let's stop now.  Thanks.

-pete

++ 29/05/01 11:11 -0400 - Bsdguru@aol.com: