Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:41:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@worldnet.fr>
To:        scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Solve! (was: Re: What about a 3Com 3c589EC)

On 12 Apr, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 06:08:55PM +0200, Philippe CASIDY wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My kernel is 3.1R with the upgrade package.
>> I have recently bought a 3Com Megahertz 3Com 3c589EC. This is a 3C589E
>> + combo adaptator for Base10/Base2.
>>
>> I have modified the pccard.conf (copied the settings for 3C589D) and
>> booted!
>>
>> And I have a "driver allocation failed for 3Com"
>>
>> One strange behavior is that when I insert the card, I have the
>> following message:
>>  /kernel: Card inserted, slot 3

I am able to make 3C589D and 3C589EC under 2.2.8R. My problem was that
the
 controller eisa0
was missing in my configuration file!

Now, I have upgraded from 3.1R to 2.2.8R ( ;-) ) I have to upgrade once
again from 2.2.8R to 3.1R.

I am curious to know I there was a way to make it work without eisa0 ?

Thanks.

Phil.