Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:41:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        david@aps-services.com, paul@originative.co.uk, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: solid NFS patch #6 avail for -current - need testers files)

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> > To sum it all up is there any difference between the branches?
>
> Yes.  We hope that people like you will help us by participating in the
> testing of potential releases _before_ they go out as releases, not
> _afterwards_.
>
> Sitting around doing nothing and then complaining after the fact
> doesn't help anyone, least of all yourself.

I seem to recall that there was a lot of noise about the instability of
3 before it was released, but that it went out the door because it had
been taking too long.  Wasn't it Greg Lehey who said that the "beta
period" seemed more like "integration testing"?

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."