Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:15:44 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@theinternet.com.au>, Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: devfs and Vinum (was: any -current && vinum problems?)

In message <20010815150115.V49989@wantadilla.lemis.com>, Greg Lehey writes:

>> I'm working on the 16char limit problem as well, but I want to avoid
>> allocating memory in incovenient circumstances if at all possible.
>
>The problem is that I kept having problems with the devfs/vinum
>combination even after increasing the size to 96 characters.  As I
>said to you on IRC quite some time ago now:

Yeah, I remember you saying that, and that has made me even more
cautious because the only explanation I could find would be stack
overruns or places which knew about the "16".

But trust me, you are on my list of things to do, but I'm still
trying to get rid of my contractors and getting things into a
general shape where I will have some spare time again...