Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 1996 20:29:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   make package dependencies thrash

I've got my first attempt at a port working correctly with the exception
of the 'make package' and have tried to resolve this by searching the mail
archives and reading the handbook.  If it is there I am not seeing it :)
(yes, I know we have an earlier port of BLT; I am doing this purely to
punish myself :)

I have the following dependencies, which are correctly searched for and
found when the port is doing 'make install':

LIB_DEPENDS=    tcl74\\.1\\.:${PORTSDIR}/lang/tcl \
		tk40\\.1\\.:${PORTSDIR}/x11/tk

Indeed, on the build machine tcl-7.4.2 and tk-4.0.2 are registered and
appear under in /var/db/pkg.

When I go to make package, something is not happy during 'registering
depends' and records the error message into the resulting +CONTENTS:

gremlin:/usr/local/system/utils/net/blt/port#> make package

	Checksums OK.
	===>  Building package for blt-1.9.0
	cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/lang/tcl
	Creating package blt-1.9.0.tgz
	Registering depends: *** Error code 2 Stop..
	Creating gzip'd tar ball in
	'/usr/local/system/utils/net/blt/port/blt-1.9.0.tgz'

gremlin:/usr/local/system/utils/net/blt/port/temp#> head +CONTENTS
	@name blt-1.9.0
	@cwd /usr/local
	@pkgdep ***
	@pkgdep Error
	@pkgdep code
	@pkgdep 2
	@pkgdep Stop.

So, I am wondering why the tcl/tk dependencies are not a problem during
build, only during make package?  I guess I could put the actual tcl and
tk build directories out under /usr/ports but should I have to do that?

-Chris