Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 15:54:42 -0400
From:      sbabkin@dcn.att.com
To:        vovik@ntu-kpi.kiev.ua, tlambert@primenet.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: getty issue file

Huh ? Is not /etc/motd printed from /etc/profile ? You can put tset in
/etc/profile
before printing motd.

> > I prefer the tset method (for the obvious reasons).
>
> Terry, do you know any VT 240/420 terminals feature likes 'keymap' in
> the freebsd
> console code? With loadable fonts I can display russian, but sometimes
> I also
> need typing in russian, and at present I have only one solution -- run
> screen
> from ports and use the screen's feature 'bindkey'.

Oh, well, I remember SCO `mapchan' :-)  If you implement this thing in
the
line discipline 0, I guess, it would be useful. :-)

By the way, why do you use these terminals ? Using old PCs is cheaper
and better,
and allows to use network connection over Ethernet which is yet cheaper
and better.

-Sergey Babkin