Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 1995 13:30:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
To:        Rob Snow <rsnow@txdirect.net>
Cc:        "Question@FreeBSD.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Hello all

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Rob Snow wrote:

	log files building up..??  log less or log to a non-root
partition.   logging to the root partition is like lighting a fuse and
remembering to snuff it before....well....before you get snuffed!

> 2) On my return, yesterday, I found my console window had the following
> messages in it.
>
> Nov  2 17:05:41 oasis last message repeated 4 times
> Nov  2 20:16:57 oasis /kernel: file: table is full
> Nov  2 20:16:58 oasis last message repeated 28 times
> Nov  2 20:18:43 oasis last message repeated 54 times
> Nov  2 23:14:12 oasis /kernel: file: table is full
>
> How would I avoid this problem in the future?
>
> (The second problem that is.  I had Melissa affix a suitable piece of
> cardboard over the power switch with liberal amounts of duct tape to
> solve the first  :-)  )

> Rob Snow                                            Powered by FreeBSD
> rsnow@txdirect.net                              http://www.freebsd.org

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346