Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 17:40:38 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@deathstar.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP tunnel between a FreeBSD box and a cisco.

Hi guys.

Has anyone setup an IP tunnel between a FreeBSD box, and a cisco router
(specifically the 4000-series router, running IOS 10.x (I don't know the
exact version - its not mine :) ) ?

Why? I want to do BGP between our gateway box running FreeBSD/gated, and
a 4000.. but there is a 1003 in the way. Multi-hop BGP works fine, but
since the 1003 doesn't know the routes itself, it blindly sends stuff to
its default gateway (being some other router). Note 64k is for this link,
and 64k is for another client (otherwise I would have just had the default
route via the link I'm BGPing with :-)

Diagram:

4000  ---64k-- ISDN --- [ 1003 ] -- ethernet -- [GATEWAY]

               64k
         (another client)

and I want the 4000 and the gateway box to have a "tunnel" going which I
can then do BGP over.

Thanks,

--
Adrian Chadd			| "Unix doesn't stop you from doing
<adrian@psinet.net.au>		|   stupid things because that would