Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:24:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Ugrade from linux-jdk to native

Hi Kees,

> Is there? Microsoft's Java VM has always been one of the best, if not the
> very best. The MacOS X port is brand new.

http://rsb.info.nih.gov/plasma2/
in case you want to see it.
Is MacOS X really brand new? Did they port it like FreeBSD porters do, or
did they write a new VM from scratch?

Also is it me, or is each new release of Sun's JDK much slower than the
previous? (with teh exception of 1.3 being faster than 1.2, but than
again everything is faster than 1.2). I mean 1.4 seems much slower than
1.3 to me. I know, know, it has a superior JIT technology and everything, but...