Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:55:29 -0000 (GMT)
From:      "Mark Ovens" <parish@magichamster.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir@bigmir.net>
Subject:   Re: 7.0-RELEASE: digikam 0.9.3 dumps core on startup

On Thu, March 6, 2008 22:19, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>

> I had precisely the same problem (plus system gdb dumped core and I had
> to use ports' one, ports/devel/gdb6 - hint!). For me, it was solved by
> rebuilding sqlite3 with
> WITHOUT_FTS1=3Dtrue WITHOUT_FTS2=3Dtrue
> options. Perhaps, only one of them is needed but as they say, "if you
> don't know what it is you don't need it".
>
> HTH,
> Vladimir

Thanks Vladimir, that stopped it crashing :-)

It doesn't want to read an existing digikam3.db file though - it just
hangs at the splash screen with "Reading database". Hmmm, maybe it does
need one of the FTS options? I'll try building with each and see if that
fixes it.

I also had problems with the system gdb core dumping in 6.3 - this still
happens in 7.0 does it?

Regards,

Mark