Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 13:35:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_de.c ????

While I rarely agree with dennis, he's dead on with this one.  I bought
30-40 de cards for my 25 or so servers, now only to find it apparently a
dead-end driver, and the Intel card being the card-de-jour (or however
that's spelled).

And so I'll start purchasing intel cards, and 8 months from now, the
Novell NE2000 cards will be the hot card to have.

I fell prey to this once with Adaptec cards and FreeBSD.  I'm at my
patience limit with FreeBSD sometimes.

It's like FreeBSD is always at this "80%" useful stage.  It always seems
to be burning up 10 hours of time a week just kind of keeping the whole OS
all together.  Every upgrade seems to break something that worked fine
before.  Significant features don't seem to work when really stressed.

Jaye "Occasionally wants to throw the whole kit and kaboodle through the
wall, but is generally pretty happy with things" Mathisen.