Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:09:37 -0500
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        David Murphy <drjolt@redbrick.dcu.ie>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Voxware is toast.  Get used to it.  (Re: Suggestions for  improvingnewpcm performance?)

Kris Kennaway wrote:

snip
> No, the early-access version is labelled 4.0-RC1. If you're not willing to
> jump on board during the testing phase when we say "okay, we think this is
> pretty much ready unless anyone finds bugs in the next 30 days (which

snip
> <sarcasm>
> Perhaps if we ran multimedia ads across the world and charged people
> exorbitant license fees for the upgrade then they'd be happier.
> </sarcasm>

That would actually be easier to deal with.  Society, at least in the
USA, have gotten used to not accepting any responsibility for
ourselves.  Having a large multi-national to blame is both easier and
socially acceptable.

Personally I did NOT participate in 4.0-RCx nor have I moved from
3.x-STABLE to 4.x-STABLE because I haven't had time and more importantly
I use these machines to make my living.  When 3-STABLE is about to be
designated as "INACTIVE except for security issues" as 2-STABLE did
about 3.2, I will then start to migrate to 4-STABLE.

Jim
--
Unix is like a wigwam -- no Gates, no Windows, and an Apache inside.