Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:24:15 -0600
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@www.freebsd.org
Subject:   Guestion about base

I worked on a new port submission for security/base, which is a replacement
for security/acid.  It's since been handed off to someone who had actually
submitted a port before I did.

Yesterday I noticed that there were two base-*.tar.gz files in
/usr/ports/distfiles on the machine I used for development:

base-1.0.1.tar.gz is the distro for the base I was working on.
base-2.3.0.tar.gz is the distro for devel/p5-base.

If security/base gets accepted in the ports tree, is this going to create a
potential conflict with devel/p5-base?  What would happen if both distros
had the save major and minor version numbers?  Would one get renamed?  Or
would it stomp all over the other one?

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas