Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:53:49 -0500
From:      Shawn Leas <sleas@ixion.honeywell.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stupid question

Now there REALLY needs to be better documentation on this...
I've scoured the website, trying to search for something
relevant, but nothing turns up. I've tried searching for
BTX in the mailing list archives, web pages, you name it.

Isn't this a pretty common situation? This is beginning to piss
me off a little, forgive my french.

On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 11:36:43PM -0500, Shawn Leas wrote:
> Well, there's no btx manpage in 3.1R, and when I've tried to
> boot wd0s4e at all I get "not a ufs" or somesuch error.
> I've done "disklabel -w -B wd0s4e auto", which I thought
> installed what I needed, but to no avail.
>
> man disklabel and man boot don't give me quite enough to
> get past this.
>
> Maybe there should be a handbook entry on preparing a partition
> for use as a `root', or, `boot' partition.
>
> Can someone just outline very basically the steps so I can get
> this over with?

-- Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
   Day 2271 for the poor and the middle class.
   Day 2290 for the rich and the dead.
   651 days remaining in the Raw Deal.