Date:      31 Dec 1998 06:42:43 +0900
From:      sada@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        ache@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Netscape ports

Hello.
I recommend that the port `www/netscape4-communicator' to be applied
below changes:

1) Make `NDIR' to movable, and set the default location to
  `PREFIX/netscape'.
  This would make enable to coexist netscape browsers version 3 and 4.
  As you know, version 3's directory is hardcoded and couldn't be moved.
2) Stop calling ns-install. The script cleans up WRKSRC/* and users
  wouldn't be able to do `make reinstall'.
3) Make www/netscape4-communicator/Makefile to be includable
  from other netscape ports to reduce maintenance cost.
  See editors/xemacs-mule/Makefile for an example.

I'd like to be waiting for your idea about them.
If you are too busy to respond, I'll commit the changes at 5 days later.
Thanks.

Relating PRs:
<URL:http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=8217>;
        www/netscape4-*: avoid `ns-install'