Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:46:32 +0200
From:      "Jasper Spit" <j.spit@uptime.nl>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Touchpad not detected on boot

Hi,

I installed FreeBSD 4.3 on my laptop recently and
can't get the touchpad to work. It's not detected
on startup, there's no psm0 output whatsoever in dmesg.
However, when I plug in an external mouse, the port
and mouse <are> detected, and dmesg says :

atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0
[--new part--]
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3
[--end new part--]
vga0: etc...

Is there some kernel flag I can set to force touchpad
detection without having an external mouse connected ??

Thanks !

Jasper