Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 1999 17:01:38 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Ron Klinkien <ron@zappa.demon.nl>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with 4.0 keyboard input!

Mike Smith wrote:

> > In message <199908140443.VAA00388@dingo.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
> > : It's not the boot blocks doing anything explicit; they just use the BIOS.
> >
> > I have noticed that boot[12] doesn't seem to have this problem.
> > However, after /boot/loader has been loaded, I see this problem from
> > time to time.  I don't know what is going on, I'm just reporting what
> > I've seen....
>
> *mumble*  We're seeing a few cases where BIOS code in the boot path
> isn't working too well (or at all) when run in vm86 mode. 8(

I think it's interrupt-related. A race somewhere. From time to time,
if I'm pressing keys during the early stages of boot, the keyboard
will freeze. It's rare, and it only happens when I'm pressing keys
during the early stages of boot.

Alas, I have seen this happen before, with OS/2 Boot Manager, so I
take it for granted.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"You intend to eat me, then?" he asked the dragon.
	"Well, I must admit, more for the amusement than the taste."