Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2000 09:08:49 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with 4.0 - CAM when 3.4 was OK? (long post)

"Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:

> > If I boot a 4.0-STABLE kernel, I get heaps of:
> >
> > "
> > Waiting 4 seconds for SCSI devices to settle
> > de0: enabling 10baseT port
> > (probe15:ahc1:0:0:0): SCB 0xe - timed out in Message-in phase, SEQADDR ==
> > 0x157
> > (probe15:ahc1:0:0:0): Other SCB Timeout
> > (probe16:ahc1:0:1:0): SCB 0xd - timed out in Message-in phase, SEQADDR ==
> > 0x157
>
> This really looks like the system is not seeing interrupts from this
> card.   I don't know why (perhaps an mptable problem), but the
> errors are consistent with that.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the pointer - I think you may have hit this straight on the head
(and thanks for not even mentioning cables :-)

Under 3.X, in the dmesg I had lurking some:
  /kernel: bogus MP table, 2 IO APIC pins connected to the same PCI device or
ISA/EISA interrupt
  /kernel: Registered extra interrupt handler for int 18 (in addition to int
16)

Under 4.0, in the dmesg I don't appear to see them...

So the question has to be - where's my buggy APIC workaround gone from 3.X to
4.0? :)

I'm going to double check on this, then fire a post to -SMP,

Thanks

-Karl