Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:18:02 +0200
From:      Graham Wheeler <gram@cequrux.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuring kernel for ISA cards

Mike Pumford wrote:

> >       The configuration commands go in /boot/kernel.conf. (Just
> > tested on 4.1-stable) and thats where they went in 3.x as well.
> >
> > I'm not positive if the boot loaders are the same between 3.x and 4.x
> > but by default the loader does NOT read the kernel.conf file unless
> > it was installed by sysinstall in 4.x.  The syntax to enable it is
> > in the /boot/defaults/loader.conf and it is:
> >       userconfig_script_load="YES"

Its definitely being loaded. If I put commands in to configure the PCI
cards, they work. Its just the commands that I would use in kernelconfig
to configure an ISA card are causing syntax errors. So either the format
shouldf be different, or there is no way anymore to configure the kernel
for legacy ISA cards other than by recompiling.

gram