Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:00:16 +0100
From:      Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.java@melvyn.homeunix.org>
To:        FreeBSD Java <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: jdk-1.5 update to _3 does not work under freebsd 6 stable

--Boundary-00=_mfIoDHqCzecTB/t

Hi,

I'm currently working on jdk15, to get it working with the reworked Mozilla
1.5 plugin mess.

Since every solution so far, seems to generate an error downstream somewhere,
I thought I'd post my work so far and see if this makes any sense or that I
should stop right here, since it'll cause major problems even if build
succeeds. My C++ isn't that good to begin with, so I haven't got a clue if
matching the variable types and API changes is getting me anywhere or that
complete recoding of the webplugin is required.

The patches follow the path conventions from the patches used in the files/
dir under the port.

PS: any way to disable the forced rebuilding of api-docs, so that portinstall
-w finishes a bit sooner? IE:
>>> Recursively making docs docs @ Wed Dec 14 21:54:51 CET 2005 ...
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/work/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/docs'
rm -f -r /work/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/control/build/bsd-i586/doc/api

--
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.java@melvyn.homeunix.org

FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE