Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:35:27 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        "Ennis, Colm" <Colm.Ennis@lambdanet.net>
Cc:        "'freebsd-ports@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: wheris is the djbdns port distfile?

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 03:30:25PM +0100, Ennis, Colm wrote:
> hi,
>
> sorry for the lameness of this question but im a little stuck.
>
> does anyone know where i can get the djbdns 1.04 distfile? ...i've followed
> instructions from both the hanbook and my "complete freebsd" book but
> all i find is broken links.
>
> im not on this list so please send responses directly to me,

The djbdns 1.04 distfile, djbdns-1.04.tar.gz, is available at
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/djbdns-1.04.tar.gz.  However, you do not
really need to know that - all you have to do is:

cd /usr/ports/net/djbdns
make fetch

..and the ports system shall do the magic for you :)

I just tried it, in case something broke after I submitted
the port update to 1.04 to Neil Blakey-Milner, the port maintainer,
and it works for me :)

[roam@ringworld:v4 /usr/ports/net/djbdns]$ make fetch
>> djbdns-1.04.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
>> Attempting to fetch from http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/.
fetch: djbdns-1.04.tar.gz: size of remote file is not known
Receiving djbdns-1.04.tar.gz: 85262 bytes
85262 bytes transferred in 30.0 seconds (2.77 kBps)
[roam@ringworld:v4 /usr/ports/net/djbdns]$ make checksum
>> Checksum OK for djbdns-1.04.tar.gz.
[roam@ringworld:v4 /usr/ports/net/djbdns]$

Now the stage is set for a 'make all install'.. and welcome
to the djbdns community :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
"yields falsehood, when appended to its quotation." yields falsehood, when appended to its quotation.