Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 1999 18:57:39 +0200
From:      Noor Dawod <noor@activeweb.co.il>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   553 error

Hello folks,

Until recently our server had wu-ftpd 2.5.0 installed. Upon release, I
wanted to install the newer version 2.6.0 instead of the old one.

After successful compiling and installing of the package, users may connect
to the ftpd successfully and do anything, but upload files. When trying to
upload files, an error occurs:

553: Could not determine pwdir: No such file or directory.

I searched the archives, but had no luck of finding a solution.

I re-installed 2.5.0 again, and all worked well. The ftp* configuration
files are the same for both versions.

I am wondering if this a FreeBSD problem or a wu-ftpd one? FreeBSD is
3.3-STABLE and the configuration files of wu-ftpd live in /usr/local/etc
and are also linked in /etc.

Please help, thanks in advance.

Noor