Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:19:03 -0600
From:      "Andrew M. Miklic" <miklic@attglobal.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound on VIA 82C686

I just built myself an Athlon system based on the MSI K7T Pro
motherboard, and I'm trying to compile a kernel to take advantage of the
onboard sound provided by the VIA 82C686--does anyone know if this is
supported (it is successfully probed), and if so, how I go about
enabling sound support for it?  I tried just enabling legacy SB and
MPU401 support in the BIOS and compiling the kernel for pcm and sbc, and
then a SoundBlaster device and DSP are detected and configured, but esd
just complains about "unsupported sound format"...

Andrew Miklic