Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:25:59 -0500
From:      JACOB CHEUVRONT <cheuvront.2@wright.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FeeBSD Bootloader

    Recently I installed FreeBSD onto my home system which also runs
Win98.  I like BSD a lot better than Linux, which is what I run
primarily, because it si much cleaner.  The problem I am having is with
the bootlaoder though.  When I load and it asks what OS to boot and
I say windows everything is just fine and everyhting loads correctly.
Upon the next boot I am still presented with the menu again to choose my
OS.  However, if I choose to boot FreeBSD upon the next restart the MBR
will now be gone and I get a please enter a system disk error.  This is
a royal pain in the ass since I have to go about reinstalling the boot
loader or I have to make a boot disk which I think is a bad solution.
Is there anyone who can give me a hint as to what might be causing this
problem.
                Thanks
                        Jake
P.S.  FreeBSD is installed onto a secondary hard drive and windows is on
the master drive.