Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 07:28:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: It's scarey how on-target this is! :-)

On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> % 2.1:
> Well, not surprisingly, we broke some things in making major changes so
> we had to fix them.  But we did a really good job of testing this time,
> so we don't think we introduced any new bugs while we were fixing these
> bugs.
>
> % 2.2:
> Uh, sorry, one slipped through.  One lousy typo error and you won't
> believe how much trouble it caused!
>
> % 2.3:
> Some anal-retentive pain in the ass found a deep-seated bug that's been
> there since 1.0 and has been raising hell until we fixed it.
>
> % 3.0:
> Hey, we finally think we've got it right!  Most of the customers are
> really happy with this.

You mean we have to wait for three more releases before we can be really
happy with FreeBSD??

So what's the typo you're fixing in 2.2R?

Dave

David Walton                                     Unix Programmer
PSI INTERNATIONAL, Inc.                          email: dwalton@psiint.com
190 South Orchard #C200                          Fax  :(707)451-6484
Vacaville, CA 95688                              Phone:(707)451-3503