Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:38:13 +0100
From:      Aleksander Rozman - Andy <andy@kksonline.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RC2 problem with network (samba,ftp)

Hi !

I just upgraded my build machine from DP2 to RC2. I rebuilt world and
kernel without problems. But now I have huge problems. I installed samba to
connect to this freebsd box, and then problems started. at first there were
lock problems, which were solved now (I think Jeff and someone else worked
on this problem), and now I don't have lock problems but system is still
not working as it should.

So here is the problem. When I connect from W2000 machine via samba, I get
connection, but as soon as I do operation, it doesn some of things (for
example copying some directory), but then it stops, and my client looses
connection with freebsd box. I also tried with FTP but problem is the same.
Kernel doesn't do any panic screens, just my connection is broken. After I
disable/enable connection on my windows2000 box I can connect again, but
not for long. Maybe fbsd is sending some big packets or something that
makes my computer's connection to go down. I was doing same things: samba
and ftp connections without any problems on DP2.

Configuration of machine is Intel PII/350, 320 Mb RAM, Intel Network card...

Can somebody help me?

Andy

*  Aleksander Rozman - Andy  * Fandoms:  E2:EA, SAABer, Trekkie, Earthie *
*     andy@kksonline.com     * Sentinel, BH 90210, True's Trooper,       *
*    andy@atechnet.dhs.org   * Heller's Angel, Questie, Legacy, PO5,     *
* Maribor, Slovenia (Europe) * Profiler, Buffy (Slayerete), Pretender    *
*     PGP key available      *    http://www.atechnet.dhs.org/~andy/     *