Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:50:55 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Lorin Lund <wbs@infowest.com>
Cc:        Luis Thillet <l_thillet@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Download

Lorin Lund wrote:
> Luis Thillet wrote:
[ ... ]
> Many weeks ago I succeeded in downloading 6.0. But if you don't have
> broadband it's nearly hopeless. When I first learned of FreeBSD - years
> ago - I tried downloading the ISO disks by modem. I would start a
> download at bedtime but it never worked for me. I had to do it with just
> the boot floppies and let the rest of the distribution packages download
> as they installed. I had a lot of restarts to get the whole thing.

If you are downloading big files via modem, try a Windows "download manager"
like GetRight, http://www.getright.com/.

--
-Chuck

PS: A long time ago, the trial version used to display banner ads, but when
Gator tried to push the author into bundling more intrusive spyware with the
GetRight installer, he refused and switched to the trial version being
completely ad-free instead.  There are people on the right side of that line,
and those on the wrong side:

   http://www.getright.com/statement.html