Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 10:23:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tom Gwilt <tgwilt@suite224.net>
To:        FreeBSD-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad, moused, and FBSD4.3

On Mon, 14 May 2001 dochawk@psu.edu wrote:

> Try using /dev/psaux, at least if you're useing XFree4==it doesn't get
> along with the mouse daemon on thinkpads.

None of my FBSD boxen have /dev/psaux. I seem to remember seeing that on
BSDi, however. The appropriate device seems to be /dev/psm0, which doesn't
seem to work at all.

I am using XFree3.3.6.

Also forgot to mention (unless you check the subject line) that I'm using
FreeBSD 4.3-Release.

I can live without cut and paste. If I have to. I guess.

> Also, did you set "emulate three buttons" when configuring X?

Yes. Tried it both ways - with and without.

> Also, an increasing number of applications seem to need shift-middle to
> paste--lynx, trn, . . . those that use the mouse in text mode for
> themselves typically need the shift to pass the click along.

Interesting. I've tried shift-middle, alt-shift-middle, ctrl-shifto
-middle, alt-middle, ctrl-middle, sacrifice a goat-middle...you get the
idea. Nothing seems to work.

Right now I'd be happy to get it working with an xterm.

Thanks for the advice,

Tom