Date:      Sun, 02 Jun 2002 13:02:01 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Charlie Root <root@pcp01840552pcs.owngsm01.md.comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:

Charlie Root wrote:

> From: <vbrammer@comcast.net>
> To: "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@owt.com>
> Cc: <FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Re: Email Problems
> Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 15:44:37 -0400
>
> My latest build was 4.6-RC, dated May 31st, and yes , I did use mergmaster.
> All my personal mail is received on a win95 machine, but I cant email
> freebsd-stable@freebsd.org from the win95 machine, for whatever reason. So ,
> all my replies are saved to a text file, transferred to the fbsd machine,
> and sent from there. Would that explain your virus trigger?

No, I think the Cuban Adminstrator hit his Peter principal and is well
beyond his knowledge of virii. That fact that he is doing this is
beyond my knowledge. I can point a shaky finger his way but can't tell
him what to do. I sent them an email that they were false detecting a
virus.

I am living the subject blank to see if I get another detect.

I think your win95 problem may be firewall related if you are using a
firewall on your FreeBSD machine. I am sending this through my FreeBSD
machine from a W2K server. I had to tweak things.

Are you trying to send directly to freebsd-stable@freebsd.org? If so,
it sounds like you need to use your ISPs email facility.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA