Date:      Mon, 06 Jan 2003 10:05:18 +0000
From:      Rob O'Donnell <robert@aphnet.co.uk>
To:        "Scott A. Moberly" <smoberly@karamazov.org>, <jonr@destar.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Internal mail server

At 18:36 05/01/2003 -0600, Scott A. Moberly wrote:
> [...]

You may be better using a domain name in the form "labs.local" or something
similar - especially if the machines have external access: you don't really
want your test emails escaping to the real domain if you pick a .com and,
say, the DHCP server resets your users' DNS server settings.

(owning irrelevant.com, the number of emails I get that are plainly tests
or people
not wishing to fill in real addresses in web forms is astonishing ... or
maybe not.)

You don't need to stick to the .com/.net/.org model of tlds if you are setting
up a system that nobody else will access.  Your imagination is the limit!

Regards

Rob

--
APH Computers Ltd.