Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 01:44:49 -0500
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   procmail/Fetchmail for vacations??

	Howdy all.  I'm looking at taking a vacation here soon where I'll be away
from my workstation for a period of 2 weeks where I will have zero internet
access and definitely no access to my mail.  Since I receive so much mail
each day and I have a mail quota on at least one of the mailboxes I check,
I need to check it at least once if not twice a day to keep it emptied out
so it doesn't hit the quota.

	Now, I'm researching both Procmail and Fetchmail for doing this, but I'm
unsure of which I want to use.  I've got a small server running in my
office that I can set this up on if need be.  I'd like it to be able to set
it so that it checks my mailboxes at least once every 6 hours and downloads
all of that mail to roots mail file.  Then when I get home I'll just
download my mail from the server and still get all 2 weeks worth of mail.

	Any suggestions on which one I should use and how to do
this?  Thanks.  I'm researching both, but I wanted some second opinions on
the best way to go about it and which one to use.  I'm leaning towards
fetchmail.  Can this be setup on cron to activate every 6 hours and grab my
mail from several accounts?