Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:25:25 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sort of off-topic (was: Re: may I commit this small umodem patch ?)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:54:02 -0400, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:
> The "solution" the kmail folks think is appropriate is to explicitly
> configure a list of known aliases for each mailing list.

Yes, some MUAs support that sort of stuff.

My mail.freebsd.current folder in Gnus has the property list:

  ((to-list . "freebsd-current@freebsd.org")
   (auto-expire . t))

I this this isn't a feature for playing smart games behind my
back though.  It just lets me hit 'a' (add post) when the folder
is open or my pointer is over it to post a message to the
Right(TM) address, but other than that most of the usual rules
for Mail-Followup-To, Reply-To and the rest of the 'standard' MUA
behavior work pretty much as expected.