Date:      Sat, 4 Jan 2003 16:57:25 -0800
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Nick Johnson <freebsd@spatula.net>
Cc:        Ron Park <ronp@outgun.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: What else did I miss?  (Build hotspot on 4.7 Stable)

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 02:28:44PM -0800, Nick Johnson wrote:
> I think those warnings are expected at this point.  I believe billf is
> working on making the red and yellow zoning work if I'm not mistaken.  I
> guess the JVM prefers it if that stuff is there, but it works anyway even
> if it's not.

Red zoning automatically works because of Posix threading complicance in libc_r,
yellow zoning doesn't really get you anything since the heuristic for screwing
with "out of memory" situations via some kind of recovery tactic is precarious in
HotSpot. It's simply turned off in the Linux port, so I did the same here.

> > O.K. update from what I did. I did cvsup stable tree, rebuild OS, rebuild hotspot. And it
> > seems to do O.K. I got this warning about setkey in the linking part.
> [snip]
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > ava HotSpot(TM) Core VM warning: os::allocate_thread_local_storage: pthread_key
> >  = 0x00000000
> > sizep == 0x00100000
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Core VM warning: os::thread_local_storage_at: can't find the ke
> > y for "index = 0x00000000"
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Core VM warning: os::thread_local_storage_at_put: index = 0x000
> > 00000, value = 0x08078000
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Core VM warning: must be the same thread, slowly 0x08078000, 0x
> > 08078000
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Core VM warning: Attempt to guard stack yellow zone failed.
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Core VM warning: Attempt to guard stack red zone failed.
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Core VM warning: os::thread_local_storage_at: can't find the ke
> > y for "index = 0x00000000"

Those are my personal debug messages, they've been removed from my source tree now so ignore
them. :)

bill